Thursday, July 24, 2008

Iowa State Fair Award Winning Recipes


As you can probably tell by now, I have a fascination for old books that don't get checked out too much anymore. Iowa State Fair Award Winning Recipes (641.5 IOW) is another one of those books. Because the library just received the Iowa State Fair brochures, this book popped into my head.

Even those who live outside of the state know of the Iowa State Fair - it seems to have a big reputation as the hot spot to hit in August. Although I grew up in the Waterloo area, I was in my 40s when I went to the fair for the first time.

The fair is known for it's butter cow lady, corn dogs, farm animals, home-grown fruits and vegetables, and (of course) cooking contests.

This book, as well as another one called Winners Every One!, are full of easy to follow recipes including all types of jams and jellies, ice cream, candy, cookies, and pies.

c Waterloo Public Library 2008


Posted by Picasa

No comments: