Monday, February 26, 2007

travel the world from your own home


Within the last few weeks, I saw a television program I had not seen in ages. In fact, I didn't even know that it was still on television. My friend, Tom, suggested watching Iowa Public Television. Low and behold, "Rick Steves' England" was on. It was comforting to see his program, which is very low key, but very informative. Rick Steves is just a common guy, unlike some of those hosts on some of the travel programs, with their over exuberant personalities.

After checking our catalog, I was amazed to discover that we have approximately 15 videos hosted by Rick Steves.
Here are just a few of the titles to choose from:
Travel the World: Germany (Video 914.3 TRA)
Travel the World: Spain (Video 914.6 TRA)
Travel the World: Italy (Video 914.5 TRA)
Travel the World: Turkey (Video 914.561 TRA)


c Waterloo Public Library 2007

No comments: